Strengthening of the quality of teaching at Parakou University
22 January 2022
Donor: The University of Parakou
Partner: Erasmus Expertise | Maastricht University
Lack of knowledge and application of modern forms of pedagogy and didactics in education and inexistence of a functioning quality assurance system are challenges being faced by the University of Parakou.
Expected Outcomes of the project
The University of Parakou has the capacity and develop and offer education and training programmes that are gender sensitive and responding to the needs of the labour market.
• The staff’s pedagogical skills are improved and a quality assurance system is in place and operational throughout the entire university
• The LMD is generalised and introduced in all faculties of the UP (including the Faculty of Medicine)
Type of services provided
- Establishing a unit (Centre de Pédagogie Universitaire et Assurance Qualité: CPUAQ) that will act as pedagogy and quality assurance center for the entire university. This center will offer support to various faculties in the areas of pedagogy and didactics and quality assurance.
- Developing and piloting a summer training programme in pedagogy and didactics to further train the current teaching staff in these areas.
- Developing and implementing a curriculum in pedagogy that will be provided by a teacher training institute within the university (for future teachers of the university itself and beyond)
- Supporting all faculties within the university with the strengthening of the LMD systematics
- Establishing a Career Center of the University to improve the relationships with the labour market.