Capacity strengthening of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Parakou
22 January 2022
Donor: University of Parakou
Partner: Maastricht University (lead) | AVM/Zuyd | University of applied sciences | WAHA (Woman and Health Alliance)
• Assure better reproductive health in northern Benin, by strengthening the capacity of health care providers and support patients with obstetric fistula
• The UP provides training for the treatment of obstetric fistula, and coordinates a system of training and the provision of appropriate and effective health care
• Strengthening the institutional and organizational capacity of the Faculty of Medicine (FM/UP) to offer a specialization in fistulologie and manage the chain of providers involved
• An Inter University Diploma (IUD) and training modules fistula care are offered by FM/UP and training Centre providers,
• Strengthening the capacity of lecturers and trainers in the UP to form ultimately sufficient human resources for the treatment of fistulas in northern Benin.
• The providers in the health chain for Fistula care deliver quality care and services according to their role in the care chain
Principle activities in the project are:
• Capacity strengthening in the field of management, development of curricula in the Maternal Care sector especially for Fistula care ;
• Capacity to develop and coordinate the chain of care for the treatment of Fistula;
• Support for teacher-researchers involved in UP fistulologie in their rise in rank.
• Capacity strengthening in gender.
• Medical facilities for the care of fistula and educational facilities